Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why I Hate Biology.

Hoooooray for finally making a blog! though I'm almost certain that nobody will be reading this ever, and I have no idea what to write about, I've always wanted to make one of these just for the heck of it!
My brother said that a blog is supposed to be like an "online diary that you tell all your secrets to and complain about your day." But do I want you, nonexistent readers, to know my secrets? Not really. So I would like to introduce you to the most boring blog you'll ever read. Ta da! But seriously, I will try my best to make this interesting.
I don't know how many of you have done disections before, but it is disgusting. My biology teacher is totally off her bolt, and we have brutually mutated the corpses of nearly every creature she could get her hands on...earthworms, fish, frogs, and squid. Let's just say- I'm not a fan. Especially not when it comes to the squid. And yesterday was the definition of why.

Look for yourself. Do you notice anything unusually horrifying about this picture? I'll give you a hint- that purple stuff coming out of the left side? Yeah, that's BLOOD. and that little circular thing lying in the middle of it? That's its eyeball. Oh- and if you'll notice the other small circular thing that looks like a tooth on the right side of the picture away from the squid? That's it's BRAIN. Was the brain supposed to come out during the disection? NO.
Here's how it went down. The directions cleary stated "locate and pry open the beak. Notice the tongue-like radula." So me and my partner pry open the beak and "notice" the radula. We're instructed to tug gently on the beak. Well we do this and guess what pops out! The poor squid's freakin brain.
If that wasn't enough torture- we were later instructed to cut out the eyeball and cut it in HALF for no purpose whatsoever! As we were doing this I was looking around the room and everyone was laughing as the poked at the eyeball and ooze came out. Laughing at it! eeew.
The whole room turned to hell. As the blood gushed from the squid's eye- I began to notice the horrible smell drifting around the room. It was like the smell of the ocean laced with a hint of pure mutilation. My favorite.
If all of this wasn't enough, our teacher fried up some tentacles in the back of the room and kids in the class were popping in the greasy suckers like it was KFC. I took one bite and gagged. Don't get me wrong- I love all food, but this tasted like straight crap, and no matter how many times I brushed my teeth that night, I could taste it clear until this morning.
Tomorrow should be fun- we're disecting fish. Yippe freakin' ki yay. I HATE biology.

2 comments:

  1. Grossness ttm. That sounds horrible. I've never had to disect anything ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until you see the fish ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete